The volunteer service that became the Territorial Army.
Information provided by Pete Danks
1798 The volunteer service was formed as the 7th
Company of the Banffshire Corps of Volunteers.
1808 The Volunteer forces became the Local Militia
1815 Local Militia Disbanded after the defeat of
1859 Volunteer company formed as the 4th Company of The
Banffshire Corps of Artillery Volunteers. James Moir elected as Captain
1861 Volunteers receive two 32 pounder guns on 15
February, sited on a battery built by the volunteers over the following
1903 Volunteers became the 2nd company of the Banffshire
Core of Volunteers
1908 Volunteer forces become the